Key Ideas and Details
1. Ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
2. Identify the main topic and retell key details of a text.
3. Describe the connection between two individuals, events, ideas, or pieces of information in a text.
Craft and Structure
4. Ask and answer questions to help determine or clarify the meaning of words and phrases in a text.
5. Know and use various text features (e.g., headings, tables of contents, glossaries, electronic menus, icons) to locate key facts or information in a text.
6. Distinguish between information provided by pictures or other illustrations and information provided by the words in a text.
Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
7. Use the illustrations and details in a text to describe its key ideas.
8. Identify the reasons an author gives to support points in a text.
9. Identify basic similarities in and differences between two texts on the same topic (e.g., in illustrations, descriptions, or procedures).
Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity
10. With prompting and support, read informational texts appropriately complex for grade 1.