1. Explain why a fraction a/b is equivalent to a fraction (n × a)/(n × b) by using visual fraction models, with attention to how the number and size of the parts differ even though the two fractions themselves are the same size. Use this principle to recognize and generate equivalent fractions.
– Eggsactly with Fractions – These Illuminations activities help students better understand fractions.
– Fraction Clipart – Teachers and students can use these images to discuss fractions.
– Visual Fractions – This website provides resources / examples from identifying to dividing fractions.
– Khan Academy (iOS – free – iPhone/iPad)